Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Nap Time Battle

Shortly after Vivienne was born, Marley started refusing to take naps.  It was a frustrating battle every single day, that usually ended with both of us upset and no nap.  So, after a few months I stopped making her.  I decided it wasn't worth the battle and if she was done with naps at three years old, so be it. 

I instated "quiet time" every day after lunch instead.  She could read books or play in her bed, no shut-eye required.  Now, Marley's quiet time wasn't always so quiet.  She would come out every 10 minutes to check if quiet time was over.  And I would usually come back to a disaster of a room, books every where, blankets and quilts off the beds, and clothes out of the drawers. But, I just needed a little break in the afternoons and this was how I could get it.  We just had to do some clean-up afterwards.

When Asa came home and we got settled at our new house, she was still having quiet time.  But all of the sudden, she stopped coming out quite so often.  Her bedroom was suddenly very quiet!  I would go in to check on her, and day after day she would be asleep!
Toys, books, stuffed animals, and Emma (the baby doll) are usually covering her bed.  But she is napping!

We still call it "quiet time" because she is still not a fan of the word "nap".  But every day around 1 in the afternoon, she takes a good nap and wakes up refreshed and ready for an adventure.  She comes out and says, "I've been quiet, can I get out now?" in the sweetest little voice with her hair disheveled and her blue eyes trying to stay open.  And when she looks that cute, of course she can get out of bed, because I just want to cuddle with her and kiss her rosy cheeks!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...