Sunday, January 8, 2012

Vivi Eats Bananas!


Vivi had her first taste of food today- bananas! I have been apprehensive about starting solids, because it's just a lot of work!  It's so easy to just nurse her when I know she is hungry, but real food means I have to plan a lot more!  She has been reaching for plates and trying to get food for a month or so.  She successfully stuck her hand in chocolate icing one time and Joel's plate of beans and rice another time!  Luckily, we cleaned her hand off before she got it to her mouth!

I decided to go the less stress route and just let her explore, make a mess, and hopefully enjoy herself!  So, we started with a chunk of really soft banana.  She sucked on it and was pretty confused by it.
She definitely didn't look like she was enjoying it!
So, I changed my approach and mash it up a little bit.  Then I just put a little on the spoon and handed it to her.
 She was still confused at first, but after a little while, she was reaching her arms out for the bowl and really going after the spoon!
Her new adorable thing.  She LOVES to raise her hands up in the air!
And by the end, she was having a blast!  This was definitely the fun (and messy) approach to her first food.  I didn't care about how messy she got, and I really thought of this more as an exploration of something new instead of trying to make it about how much she was eating.  With Marley, I was stressed about the number of ounces she was getting and when she ate them.  This time it ended in a smiling, messy baby!  

2 comments:

dad said...

Those are some of the best pictures yet! She looks like shes already ready for school with that hand in the air!

Donna said...

You're such a good "momma"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...