Friday, December 9, 2011

Opening Christmas Presents Before Their Time

My mom has a problem.  When we were younger, she would order us Christmas presents or go shopping weeks or months before Christmas.  And then the presents would be in the house, and she would think about how cute we would be in the clothes or how much we would love whatever the gift was. 

So, she would give them to us!  Way before Christmas!  And then she would feel like she had to get us more presents to actually open on Christmas!  Thus, the cycle would continue.

I am realizing something.  I have the same problem!

Every single thing I order (which has been almost everything, because shopping online and having it delivered to the house is sooooo easy!) arrives at the house and I cannot wait to give it to them!  I have done pretty well with Marley so far.  She hasn't gotten any of the gifts. 

However, Vivi is a different story.  She has already seen and played with the books we got her.  She has already worn some of the leggings I got her.  And we have already opened the high chair we got her!

And now I have a teething necklace and three more pairs of baby leggings I am just itching to give her!  And toys.  And a mirror.  It's so hard to wait!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...