Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Visiting Megan and Tyler

This past weekend, I had my first trip alone with the girls!  I was very worried about it, because I haven't traveled longer than 20 minutes with the girls by myself.  And when we have traveled in the past, someone was always with me to drive and the trips still didn't go very well!

So needless to say, I was scared.  I tried to do all the timing perfectly, keeping Vivi awake for a few hours before the trip and then filling her belly up before we left.  And fortunately for me, my plan worked perfectly.  She literally slept from about 5 minutes into the trip until we got to the parking lot of our friends' apartment three and a hlaf hours later!  It was amazing.  It couldn't have gone better.

Megan and Tyler are the same age as Asa and me and just got married in August.  They are our good friends and Marley loves spending time with them!  I think Tyler was a little nervous because he doesn't spend very much time with children, but he did amazingly.  There were a few times that Megan had choir practice and we were alone with Tyler.  He stepped right in and played whatever Marley wanted to! 

They played Memory and put together puzzles.
And they watched Cinderella. By the way, yes that is Marley's Daddy Doll that Tyler is holding.  Poor Tyler misses his buddy!
While Tyler was at work, Megan took us to the Nature and Science Museum.  It was a fantastic museum with all kinds of things for Marley to do!
Marley got to start out her nights in Megan and Tyler's bed so that we could hang out in the living room.  When I came in to get her, I found her sleeping like her Daddy with her arms up by her head.  It's amazing to see little Asa qualities in her.  It always makes me smile.
On Saturday morning, Megan had choir, so Tyler took us to a nearby park.  Marley had a blast playing and really enjoyed having Tyler there to help her do things.  It really showed me how much she misses Asa and how much he would be doing with her if he was there.  I felt guilty watching her have fun with Tyler, but I know that Asa is happy she is having fun.  We don't want life to completely stop while he is gone and we certainly want Marley to still have fun.
Anyone know what this hairy acorn thing is?  Asa, Tyler said you would know!
We ended up having to leave a little early because Marley was out of control and I was about to lose my mind trying to make her listen to me (we are having a serious case of the three-year-olds lately), but we had a great time while we were there.  We had a break from Nacogdoches, fun adventures in Dallas, and time with good friends.  I can't wait to go back with Asa next time!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...