Sunday, January 16, 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas was a blast! Marley's first Christmas was okay, her second Christmas was fun, but this one was by far the best! She actually got it this year! She understood the cookies for Santa, him filling our stockings, giving gifts to other people, and the anticipation of Christmas morning. And all of that was so much fun to experience with her!
She was in charge of passing out the stockings, which she was so proud of. She and Mimi had been practicing for days so that Marley knew who each stocking belonged to. So, after she had examined all of the things around her stocking, she loved giving everyone else theirs.
She squealed about each thing she pulled out of her stocking. "Candy! Dora Panties! Candy! Fork! Straws! Candy! Bubbles!"
There were three gifts that we could wrap, so they were covered in a big red table cloth. I did the big reveal and showed her all three of them, which we actually should have done last. Since they were out of the box and ready to play with, we couldn't ger away from them to open her presents!
She really got into boiling us pizza and making coffee for everyone!
She also got a lot of Dora items! She got two cups, a plate, a bowl, and even six pairs of panties!
And she got a new baby doll, who we eventually named Maggie. And she was in love with her. Isn't her proud mommy face adorable?!
Unfortunately, I was pretty sick on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. My throat was killing me and I had a slight fever, but it was easy to forget about in all the fun we were having. However, I did not get as many pictures of things as I normally would have. I didn't even take a single picture at Asa's mom's or dad's houses, which now makes me so pissed at myself! Maybe I can find some people who did and post them later. Anyway, this is the only family picture we got at Christmas! (Maggie's paying more attention than Marley is!)
Mimi 2 and Pawpaw Gene were also there to spend Christmas with us, which was wonderful. Marley loved the special Mimi 2 attention!
Later that night, after we got back from Christmas and Asa's dad's house, we got to relax and play with all of our gifts. Emily got a hairbrush that doubles as a microphone from Chris and Caiti, so Emily and Marley sang Beyonce and Disney songs for what felt like hours. I have videos of it, but I don't think Emily would appreciate me posting them!
We had such a fantastic Christmas. I hate that Christmas goes by so quickly! I wish it could last all year long! Well, actually for us it might. We are still singing Jingle Bells and talking about Santa!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...