Friday, March 12, 2010

Cute Things Marley is Doing

Marley's new way to distract me when I am trying to put her to sleep is to kiss me over and over again. She will kiss me on the lips, the cheek, the hand, the nose, wherever she can, saying "Mama Mama Mama" between each one. At first I was trying to be very serious, so she wouldn't think it was a new bedtime game. But then I just couldn't help it. I had to smile, hold her tight and kiss her back. She's so adorable, even if she is trying to avoid going to sleep.
**********
She loves to do yoga with me! Even when I don't feel like doing it, she will lie down on the yoga mat and throw her legs up in the air. She stretches her arms up, drops her legs to each side, and especially loved downward dog!
**********
She is also developing a temper lately. Is it possible to already be entering the Terrible Twos? My mom swears there is no such thing, and I definitely won't ever really think she's terrible. But she just really likes things her way lately! If she isn't getting it, she will scream, slam her hands down and pout. I try really hard to make her stop and ask nicely for whatever it is, and hopefully that will start working. It's really hard when I am distracted. I tend to just give her whatever it is so that I can finish the call with the USAA people or addressing Asa's letter, but I can't keep doing that. I have to start being a strict mommy I guess...
**********
Lastly, I am so amazed by Marley's memory lately! When we were in Missouri, we took Asa to get his hair cut. And then last week, we walked by a hair salon in the mall (which looked nothing like the one in Missouri) and she just started screaming "Dada Dada" and running toward it! It broke my heart! She will remember how we played with a toy randomly a month ago, or where the bubbles were hidden after the last time we used it weeks ago. She can hide her own toy in a random box and then when I ask her where it is the next day, she can go right to it. She recognizes Walgreens, which is where we pick up pictures for Asa, and she starts saying "Dada Dada" when we drive by it in the car. I just had no idea that she had such a great memory, and I am so impressed with her every time she remembers something!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...