Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Saying Mama

Marley wasn't one of those kids that said Mama at 6 months. She said Dada around 8 months, but she didn't start associating that with Asa until a few months ago. Next she learned Papa and then came Mama a few weeks ago. I didn't even think about the fact that she hadn't said it yet, until that started being what people asked about all the time after 6 months. They say, "Oh, she isn't saying Mama yet!" with their eyebrows raised, looking at me like I must not be doing my motherly duties.

Well, I am proud to say that today Mama was the only thing she could say! All. Day. Long! She said Mama Mama Mama Mama Mama Mama Mama the entire time I was getting my hair cut. She said Mama Mama Mama every time I left the room. It was so cute, and I know that one day I will want her to be quiet, but for now it is adorable.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...