Sunday, January 31, 2010

Emily's District Swim Meet

On Saturday, we went to Emily's District swim meet. It was really loud in there, so Marley was pretty quiet and just stared at everything. But every single person I knew there told me that Marley was adorable and they wanted so badly for her to smile or wave at them. But she was just too overwhelmed.
Being there really made me miss swimming. I don't want to do it competitively again, but if I could work it out I would go swim for exercise. But what I really miss is the social part of swimming. Most of my friends swam, and I always had to much fun with them. As you know, that's where Asa and I met! I just miss being a part of that community.
Emily did really well, and is looking forward to Regionals in two weeks in Houston!
Doesn't she look so grown-up with her hands in her pockets?!

2 comments:

Tayler said...

I know exactly what you mean about missing swimming. I don't miss the competetiveness (sp), but I REALLY miss the social part of it. I still have some of the weirdest dreams about the swimteam that make me miss it even more..

Jillian said...

Hey Tayler! I didn't know you read my blog! I still have dreams about swim team sometimes too. If I could go back and just spend the time hanging out with everyone without the swim meets I totally would!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...