Saturday, November 28, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Marley had a great second Thanksgiving! For some reason I love waking up with extended family when it's a holiday. Eating breakfast together and always having someone to talk to make it such a happy day to me. And there is always someone to entertain Marley! That was definitely one of the best parts. I put Jack in charge of taking pictures, and he was completely thorough in his picture taking. He would get so excited and come show me when he got a good picture of someone.We started the day with breakfast and Joel taking Marley outside to tour the yard. It's so funny to me that taking her outside is the magic trick to making her happy. All weekend when she was nervous with someone, we would just tell them to take her outside.

I wanted to help as much as I could with the cooking since I might be doing it myself next Thanksgiving, but it was hard to handle with Marley. Like I said, there were people there to entertain her, but I felt bad dropping her off with people all day.

She sat in Emily's lap through lunch, barely eating anything. She ate some bread... that was pretty much it. Emily tried to give her everything that was on her plate, but evidently she didn't feel like being adventurous that day. She would have liked it if she had tried it though, because she has since eaten some and loved it.

But, Marley has never been the baby to skimp on dessert! She ate almost an entire slice of pie! I really wouldn't have let her eat the whole thing normally, but it was Thanksgiving, so I figured it was okay. She did end up really wanting a banana later though. She kept pointing at them the entire weekend. So, we would open one for her and she would take a bite. But then she would either try to eat the outside of the banana, or she would try to put the peel back on and point for us to put in back on the banana hanger.One thing she also ate a lot of was apple cake. That also has a good amount of sugar in it, but it also has apples and nuts! So, I let her eat that too. I'm a softie...
She loved flirting with Pawpaw Gene while we were there. She would smile at him or say something to him, but as soon as he wanted to come near her she didn't want anything to do with him! The day we left, he was standing on the other side of the living room from us rubbing his eyes. Marley started trying to play peek-a-boo with him!

It was sad to be without Asa for Thanksgiving. I am so glad he will be home for Christmas, but I wish he could have been with us for this also. Or I at least wish he could have called and actually had a conversation with him instead of what we had. I hope they at least served them some turkey...

At the end of the day, we were all so tired. Marley stayed up pretty late because of all the excitement going on. But once we got in bed, she didn't wake up until morning!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...