Wednesday, August 12, 2009

12 Month Well Baby

Today was Marley's 12 month doctor's appointment. She currently weighs in at 23 pounds and measures 32 inches long! I don't really know how accurate that weight is, because two weeks ago she was 21 pounds... but that's what the nurse said.

She had to get FOUR shots!! Poor little baby was very upset. When the nurse came in with the shots, she looked at Marley and said "Oh, I'm gonna have to get more people to help." So, she had people holding her down at every angle. That is so hard for a mother. You have to be in their face while they are having someone shoot them in the leg with a needle. Her cries broke my heart, but I came prepared for after the shots. I brought Smoothie King! She quickly forgot about the shots and downed a third of my Lemon Twist with Strawberry.

He said I could start giving her whole milk at lunch and dinner, but I honestly don't know if she needs it. She still nurses before she goes to sleep and then maybe at one random time during the day. She's pretty attached to that. I let her try some chocolate milk the other day and she LOVED it! But, I'll probably give her a little milk, just for something different. He also said that she is getting teeth and that is probably why she is holding her head (her new thing- puts a hand on each side of her head and squeezes her brains).

So, she's a healthy girl, vaccinated for 9 new things! That's a lot of stuff, but she seems to be doing fine. And by fine, I mean waking up every hour like she has been for the past four nights.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...