Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Bad Mommy

Marley got hurt on Monday. We just put a lamp in the living room next to the couch to add some softer lighting. Marley can climb onto the couch now, but I didn't think about the lamp. So, I was doing dishes around the corner in the kitchen when she bursts out screaming.

I knew what had happened because of where she was, but I couldn't figure out where she had gotten burned. I was looking all over her finger tips, and couldn't find anything. She cried and cried and I finally got her to go to sleep. But when she woke up, I figured out that she had burned the outside.
I feel really bad. It didn't show up until a few hours later. They popped today, so now they look all red and painful. She's got three blisters on her fingers and she's teething. She has just been a joy today!

2 comments:

Julie Ramzel said...

Unfortunately, I know how you feel! When Jack was almost a year old, I used to sit him up on the bathroom counter while I got ready for work. We had a small lamp on the counter that I turned on for light since the overhead lights made the room too hot. One day, Jack just reached over and put his fingers on the light bulb. He burned three of his fingers. I felt so sorry for him! I would go into his room after he had fallen asleep, put Neosporin on his fingers (since I didn't want to do it while he was awake) and cry. I hope Marley feels better quickly! You'll be happy to know that Jack doesn't remember any of it.

Jillian said...

Yea, she was soooo sad. But since I couldn't find the blisters, I figured she was just a scared. So, I felt extra guilty when she woke up and found them! I'm glad to know that he doesn't remember though!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...