Monday, March 16, 2009

Scary News

A news program out of Dallas/Fort Worth did a story recently on finding trace amounts of 1,4 dioxane and formaldehyde (both of which are known to cause cancer) in many baby products. Here is the link to the story, if anyone is interested. You can watch the video and below that there is a link to the list of products they tested. Even Johnson's Baby Shampoo is on there!

So, now we've got lead in toys, melamine in formula, and carcinogens in baby shampoo. It's pretty hard to keep up with it all. But, I guess we are going to the store to buy different products, because a lot of the ones we use are on the list...

1 comment:

cathartic said...

This is true. I have been an educated consumer since my seven year old was born. I dont use any of the soaps with laurel sulfates for my self or my family. It is unfortunate that the ones with out it are so much more expensive though. And you cant get much of them @ the general store. We use, Cocoon Baby right now for body and hair shampoo. We use a pure lavender oil by Aura Cacia for her body and booty. ;-) Same thing goes with cleaning products!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...