Thursday, February 19, 2009

Always Glad to Come Home

Asa and I both had to work all day today, which meant that there was no relief for me while I was at work. Marley was with me the whole day and seemed to be in the worst of moods. She has a really hard time sleeping at the office. At home she will take two two-hour naps each day. At work, she will not sleep longer than 20 minutes. So, that just makes for a grumpy baby all around. And a grumpy mommy. So, at 4:30, I was done and asked if I could leave early to go throw my child in the bed.

At 5:30, I had to be at the school for my first group presentation. I had to compare AT&T and Verizon. Yay. The only good thing about that is that it is over! While I was gone, Marley finally took her nap and then Asa fed her some banana. She is really getting the hang of it. We could have tried a new food today, but I just didn't have time to get that together. She will actually sit with her mouth open, giving us a little whimper until she gets her next bite! She knows when it's coming and she will only stop whimpering once we are getting the spoon ready again.

When I got home, Marley and Asa were sitting on the ground surrounded by toys. Marley didn't know I had come in until I started talking. She turned around and saw me and smiled. Then she realized that I was not holding her and started whining until I picked her up. I am sure this will get annoying eventually, but it was so nice to feel like she missed me! It was like she was thinking "Oh, Mommy, you're finally back to kiss me!" So, I picked her up and she rubbed her face into my neck. She missed me. It made my stressful day all worth it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...