Tuesday, January 6, 2009

The Whamie

I dread night time all day long. I love being with Marley, but something about putting her to sleep is sooo hard! I know it is hard for most parents, but when does it get easier?
I give her a bath at about 8:30 every night. I put lotion on her and sing to her or read her a book. Then, I always wait until she is giving me the tired cues to wrap her up. I feed her and then she seems wide awake. So, I give her the paci and try to rock her to sleep. She screams and cries and kicks her legs. So, I move her around. She stops crying, closes her eyes, and then starts yelling again. It's like she fell asleep and then woke up going "NOOOO, YOU TRICKED ME!!!!!!!!!"

When I was younger, I hated taking naps. So, my mom would tell me to just come lay down with her while she took a nap. (We all somehow fell for this every time...) When I got into bed with her, she would wrap her arm around me and bring me really close so that I was all warm and cozy. Of course, I would fall asleep. She says that every time I woke up, I would be in a terrible mood and I would say, "You tricked me!" She called it "The Whamie". When we got older, we would ask her to "put The Whamie on us"! I wish someone would put The Whamie on me and I really wish I could put The Whamie on Marley every night.


Mom, can you help me out? You're The Whamie Master...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...