Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Still Sick

Being the mother of a sick baby is not very fun. I feel like I can't do anything right. This is now four full days that Marley has been sick. I called the doctor on Monday morning to ask if there is anything I should be doing. They told me I was doing everything right and they called in a prescription for Marley. Well, I went to Kroger to pick it up on Monday evening. when I got home, I opened the package and read the box. "Not for use with children under two years of age." So, I freaked myself out and didn't give it to her. What if the pharmacy messed up and misunderstood what my doctor's office had said? Or what if there was a typo when they faxed it to the pharmacy? I don't want to poison my child!!

Monday night was miserable. I was up most of the night with her. She kept getting hot and I kept taking her temperature. And she cried and cried. Probably because I had to take her temperature so many times... She barely ate, and when she did she could hardly breathe.

Tuesday morning, I looked at the box again. This time I saw the tiny print that said "Consult your doctor if under 6 months of age". So, they do let babies have this! So, I gave the meds and hoped they would work. I tried to feed her in the afternoon and she just could not do it. I was suctioning and trying and suctioning and trying. It wouldn't work. So, I called the doctor and asked what I should do about her not being able to eat. She said, keep giving her the meds and call back Wednesday. The rest of the day was spent with a lot of sleeping. I feel like I am seriously drugging my baby with how much she is sleeping. But it is working! I can definitely tell that she is clearing up. I am still suctioning and she is still coughing, but she is eating! That's very important.

So, with all this sickness, I feel like no learning happens. No rolling over, talking, laughing, practicing sitting. Just cuddling and feeding. Which isn't so bad, I just hope she can pick up where she left off even if she hasn't done these things in a few days.

Side note: I really need to start Marley's scrapbook. I have been meaning to and I even ordered the prints of a ton of pictures. Now, I just have to DO IT!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...