Saturday, November 15, 2008

Today is my Birthday, but...

Birthdays are somewhat less fun when you have an infant. She still cries. She still poops. I still have laundry to do... She did give me a break and slept an hour longer than normal. That was nice of her. I guess that's a pretty good birthday present.

I have noticed that I get really frustrated with Marley is screaming in my ear and I can't figure out what's wrong. I try to feed her, rock her, give her the binky, walk around, sing... but she keeps crying. This sounds normal except that when I ask Asa to try for a little while, she immediately quiets. So, she can "feel" my stress. I have started to try to relax the last few days, but sometimes it is so hard! I don't want her to be crying, it breaks my heart. So, I get upset. Here are my strategies for calming myself and Marley at the same time- sing softly and sway and make a "sh" sound really softly. If I combine that with thought of how sweet she was earlier and how cute her laugh is, it totally works!

This morning the three of us went to Chilis for lunch. After about 10 minutes in the restaurant, she was sound asleep! How can it be so easy sometimes and so hard other times? What is the secret?

Here are some cute pictures from this morning:
It was REALLY cold outside!

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Happy Birthday, Momma! I totally feel you on the "crying and can't figure out why" frustration thing. When I get to the 'rip hair out now' point, I just hug her really tight and grit my teeth for a second, it seems to help, lol.

If I weren't BFing, I'd have a b-day drink for you. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...