Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Almost 3 months!!

Well Obama won the election. I didn't really have a strong opinion either way since I had a newborn and wasn't paying close attention... but I wanted McCain to win. He seemed like a better and wiser person. But here is something way more exciting... some pictures taken of Marley with our new camera! I have been worried about Marley gaining the right amount of weight. Maybe it is just because we haven't been to the doctor recently to get weighed. It also feels like she doesn't smile or coo as much as she used to. I am probably just worrying for nothing and she is fine. but I have missed all her giggles and smiles. They get me though the day.

I am getting really nervous about the trip to Austin for Thanksgiving. I can't figure out when is the best time to go. I think we will try to leave Wednesday night after Marley has gone to sleep. Her first stretch at night is usually 6 or 7 hours, so we can make it the whole way by then. Granted, we will be really tired on Thanksgiving, but that's what family is for! haha If it doesn't work out, we can always change the way we do it for the trip back.
We tried to put Marley in her crib today and she wouldn't sleep in it. She is reaching the point now (3 months) when "they" tell you that your baby can start manipulating you and getting picky. I don't want to have a spoiled baby, but I want her to be happy and well taken care of. I want her to get sick of the pacifier. I try as hard as I can to stop her from needing it, but she grunts for it! And as soon as I give it to her, her eyes roll back in her head and she goes to sleep. I am not doing it after she is 4 months. I want to be her source of comfort, not the pacifier.
Friday is Marley's 3 month birthday. She and I will be celebrating by ourselves since Asa will be out of town. He is going fishing with his dad for his birthday. Asa's is 5 days away and mine is 9.

Tonight, Asa and I bought each other our birthday presents: commitment rings. We are going to wear them on our right ring fingers. They are not wedding rings, obviously, but they are a symbol of our commitment to each other and to Marley. Everyone makes comments about how we are not married yet and ask when it is going to happen. But, I feel like our life with Marley is much more of a promise to each other than a piece of paper that says we are married. We know we will be together, and it doesn't matter if that means we are married.

1 comment:

Emily said...

awe... i need to see her soon! Call me this weekend! I am going through withdraws! I cant wait to see the rings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...