Thursday, October 2, 2008

8 weeks old...


Marley is 8 weeks old today! I CANNOT believe that she has been around for that long already! The more days that go by and the more things that change, I get excited and sad at the same time. I'm excited with each new thing she can do, but I am sad that the time is going by so quickly. She can definitely follow things with her eyes if they are moved in front of her. She also smiles all the time. She tries to laugh, but nothing comes out. It's just kind of a squeak. She has gotten past her fussy stage and she spends a lot more time awake and happy (that means smiles all day long!). I still have not gotten my sling back and I am really upset about it! I really think that she will love it.
I had class last night, so Marley and Asa went on a daddy/daughter date to the park and Marble Slab. I am so happy he took her out places and she behaved for most of it! I know he is excited to be able to take her to play frisbee golf and I can't wait until she can run around after him! Now that she is awake more, I can tell how much she is changing. You can just watch her, especially when we are outside looking at the trees, and see that is learning. She studies everything so closely. She can't reach out and touch things deliberately yet, but she will soon.

Having Marley has inspired me to go into a new major! Instead of Psychology, I am changing my major to Health Science. For the first time I actually know what I want to do with a degree! I was going with Psychology just because I didn't know what else to do, but in Health Science I will be able to do a job I love. I am so fascinated with the process of having a baby and taking care of a baby, that I want to work in that field. I don't want to deliver the babies or anything, but I want to work in a support role. I would love to teach pregnant women about their babies, help with Prenatal classes, help women learn to breastfeed... things like that. I would have to do an internship at a local place and the thought of that just makes me smile. I can't believe I actually have a goal now! I have been going to school felt like I was working towards nothing. I went through the degree plan last night, and I will have to take 69 more hours. About 28 of the hours I have already taken will not count and that is a little frustrating, but at least I am going toward something I want now. I am taking two classes right now that will not count, but there isn't any way to drop them. So, I have to keep trying in them.. and try to enjoy them.

My remaining pregnancy weight has just started to bother me. I don't have anything to wear! I really want to start exercising and I need to start eating healthier. Now that it is much easier to get to the store with Marley, I will be able to buy more food. I need to start finding some, healthy, easy things I can cook at home. I watch food network all the time, but everything they make looks so complicated. I also need some snack foods that I can make in a couple minutes to eat while I'm feeding Marley or doing homework.. no more animal crackers. I want to lose about 50 pounds. That would bring me down to way below my pre-pregnancy weight, but I am not setting a time limit on it or anything. I would just like to eventually be there. So, I think Monday, October 6th, my plan will begin. Between now and then I will do some shopping, catch up on my homework, and find some recipes so that I will be ready to go. I need to do this for myself!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...