Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Earth Mama

Life is going really well right now. I LOVE being a mom! I knew I would enjoy it, but I really didn't know that it would be this much. Carrie, my boss, keeps telling me how relaxed and natural I am. Marley is going through a fussy time right now (supposedly baby's fussiness peaks at 6 weeks) but it is really not that hard to deal with. I just have to figure out what she wants. I have a feeling that my next baby will not be this easy. She can control her head pretty well and she is starting to really enjoy her play mat. We bought a mirror that we are going to hang up next to her changing table so that she can stare at herself. She loves the mirror on her play mat.

She is getting chubbier everyday. She is definitely going to be a healthy girl! She probably weighs at least 10 and a half pounds now. I know breastfeeding is not this easy for everyone, but I am really enjoying it. It just comes really naturally to Marley and me. Feeding her at the office while I am working is way more awkward for the people that come in the office than it is to me. It's such a natural thing, and I guess having a baby made me care what people think a lot less. I have to feed her, so if someone feels awkward about it, they can come back later. I haven't had to do it at a restaurant yet, but I'm sure I will eventually. I heard my mom tell someone that she was good at birthing the baby, but she was a champion breast feeder. So, I really hope that got passed down to me, because I want to do it for at least a year. I have a rocking chair right now, but it's not very comfortable. So, if breastfeeding keeps working out and I will spending more time in it, I think I am going to buy a nicer chair.

The weather has gotten cooler here, so Marley has been able to go outside a lot more. I didn't want to spend a whole lot of time outside when it was 100 degrees outside, but it's more pleasant now. And she loves it. The second I walk outside she calms right down and starts staring at everything. I ordered a sling on line, but it didn't fit so I have to send it back. But I really wanted it to. I love carrying her around up against my body. The one I am using right now is a front carrier, so her legs hang out of the bottom. But she LOVES it. The second I put her in she falls asleep for a few hours. It comes in really handy when I am going to the store or working. I keep reading on the Internet that moms who breastfeed, wear their babies in slings, etc. are called Earth Mamas. I like that...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...