Thursday, October 11, 2012

day 32: scooter riding and fall clothes


Asa brought a scooter home for Marley today, and she is figuring out how to ride it. 

We frequently forget that Marley doesn't like to be taught how to do something.  I guess it's a four-year-old thing.  But if we try to help her figure it out, she tells us that she already knows how.

"I can do it!"

So, we let her figure it out.  It may mean that she falls a few more times, but I do actually enjoy watching her learn the way she wants to and I think her sense of pride swells when she finally gets it solved.

Oh, I am a sucker for a baby in cuddly fall clothes.  I just want to snatch her up and squeeze her. 

But she would scream. Because when we are outside, the last thing she wants to do is be held.  She just wants to explore.  There are so many things to do out here!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...