Saturday, September 24, 2011

Forest Festival

Last night, Marley, Vivi, and I went with Grandma, Aunt Bonnie, and all the cousins to the Texas State Forest Festival.  They had all kinds of little activities that the kids loved to do, but it also taught them a lot about the forest and the animals that live there.  They got to pet a snake, examine animal tracks, learn what bears do in each season, visit a petting zoo, and make a house fire-safe.
Her Daddy's daughter.  She didn't even hesitate!
She raked leaves and water the plants to keep the house fire-safe.

There was one little goat out walking around.  I was so surprised that Marley walked right up and pet it's back.  She wasn't scared at all!
She only wanted to feed the baby goats.  If a bigger goat was trying to push the baby out of the way, she asked me to move the big one so that she could safely feed the babies.
Persayus, Marley's cousin, wasn't scared either!  She loved feeding them.
 

Marley had a great time trying to keep up with the tree boys.  She chased them all over the place.
Marley has never been to any sort of carnival or fair.  She hasn't even ridden any rides alone other than a slide or a simple train ride.  So, I had no idea how she would be on the carnival rides.  She is pretty shy usually and doesn't lie to do things without someone she knows.

But she never stops surprising me.  She had a blast.  I haven't seen her laugh this hard in a long time.



 

She couldn't have had more fun.  She was having a hard time holding herself up because she was laughing so hard!  It makes me so happy to see that smile.

The evening was totally exhausting.  We all rode the carousel together (Vivi was in the Ergo) and I was so thankful to finally get to sit down. 


The fair comes to Nac in a few weeks, so I'm sure I will be taking Marley!  How could I not, after seeing her reaction?!

1 comment:

Yo Babies Daddy... said...

I always loved the fair too! Wasn't much for the spinny cup one...
Dont forget to bring her by all the show cows, shed love to see those!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...