Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Vivi is 2 Weeks!

Vivi is two weeks old tomorrow! We went to the doctor yesterday and she weighed 8 pounds, 6 ounces. When I took her to the doctor when she was one week old, she weighed 7 pounds, 10 ounces, so she is growing quickly! She has been holding her head up like a pro since she was born, but she gets a little bit stronger every day. She has been sleeping like crazy during the day, and staying up at night like most newborns. Every night, she has a two hour session of open eyes, hiccups, and nursing. It's really hard to wake up, but once I'm awake I try to enjoy my alone time with her. She also has a bit of a temper. When she's mad, she's really mad! And she makes me funniest faces when she is upset! She loves to be swaddled. I wrap her up as tight as I can while she's crying and she usually stops immediately. She also loves to talk. She can't coo yet, but she is constantly making little grunting noises like she wants to be a part of the conversation.Marley is doing such a great job with her. She tells me, "I washed my hands yesterday so I can be gentle to hold her!" She constantly wants to hold her, and I feel guilty when she it's not a good time. She loves her so much, and sometimes she gets a little close and upsets Vivi. Marley helps me with everything. She runs little errands for me and helps me entertain Vivi when she is awake. She has been calling herself Princess Marley lately, and talks about her sister, Princess Vivienne. They live in a castle with King Daddy and Queen Mommy and it has a big playground and pool. I am so excited to see them together having tea parties in their dress-up clothes one day!I am also doing great 2 weeks later. I definitely had very emotional days, and I know there will be more to come. But I am getting into the swing of things. I have taken the girls out several times by myself and everything went well. I have been eating well and exercising the past few days, which really helps my mood. We started cloth diapering this week and I am getting enough rest that I feel like doing more around the house. It's a good feeling to have things under control. Today I was nursing Vivi, doing flashcards with Marley, and talking to Asa on Yahoo Messenger. I felt like supermom! Even though this is only two weeks later, I feel like I am doing really well. It would be a whole lot better with Asa here, but he will be here soon for R&R to share the responsibility with me! I can't wait for him to see his girls!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...