Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day

We had a great, relaxing Mother's Day on Sunday! This was my first year to get some homemade gifts from Marley which are my favorite! She painted me a little wooden box at Grandma's (which I didn't get a picture of) and my mom took her to Lowe's on Saturday for a Build & Grow workshop and made me a little flower vase! That says "Happy Mother's Day" just in case you couldn't read it!I also got some beautiful flowers from a high school friend names Katie! I was literally shocked to get these! How sweet of her to send me some gorgeous flowers just because she thinks I am an awesome mother! That made me so happy, and they are still brightening up our house!
I made a special breakfast for my mom which everyone seemed to love, and Marley made Mimi a fancy card for Mimi's Day. We also got a Mother's Day call from Afghanistan! Asa talked to me for a while, and then even got to talk to my mom and wish her a happy day. It was so great to get to talk to him on a day that could have been pretty lonely. This is the second Mother's Day in a row that he has missed, so he owes me next year! I expect a day all about ME!Marley and I took a big afternoon nap together. I have not been feeling very well the past few days, so naps are beginning to be a necessity every day. Then we made strawberry preserves with my mom! We have been talking about doing this for a few weeks, and spent most of the day Saturday trying to find a bunch of strawberries at a farmer's market. We finally just bought a ton of them at Kroger and I got to see how to make homemade strawberry preserves. We are going to make blackberry preserves sometime in the next few days. They are my favorite on a peanut bully and jelly sandwich or biscuits or even cheesecake!
Other than missing my husband, it was a great Mother's Day. I am so thankful for the little girl who made me a mommy and the baby who will be making me a mommy again. This is the best job in the whole world and I couldn't be more proud of my babies!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...