Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Like Mother, Like Daughter

Marley has a big attitude lately.

"Don't touch!" when I pick up something she didn't want to be picked up.
"No!" at pretty much anything.
"Just a minute..." when I ask her to do something.

I hear those things come out of her mouth and I wonder how often I actually say those things during the day (and sometimes I smile just because it can get a little funny to watch such a little girl have such a big attitude). We all forget to say please, right? And we all say things with a little more attitude than we mean to, right?

The hard part for me, other than trying to watch what I say, is explaining to her that she can't talk to people like that. I feel totally guilty, because I know she heard it from me. It's hard to explain to a two-year-old that, yes that is the way I said it, but no you cannot say it that way. So, I try as hard as I can to be patient and talk to her in a nice tone, but everyone here knows that sometimes it just comes out! No matter how hard we try!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...