Wednesday, January 5, 2011

We're Back

I have obviously been MIA for three weeks... but I am going to blame it on the holidays! I honestly didn't even bring my computer with us to Texas, as I knew I wouldn't have any time to be blogging anyway! So, I feel very out of the loop with the people I follow and I feel like I have about a hundred things that I would like to remember that will now never get recorded to my blog.

We had a fabulous time in Texas visiting with everyone and enjoying the holidays. We got to spend time with our families and friends, take a little trip together just the three of us, and we also got to spend my favorite holiday together! We had an awesome Christmas. It is always a little bit stressful for us because we have so many different people to see and we never want to hurt anyone's feelings. But Christmas is still such a magical time, and Marley was so into it this year which made it even more fun.

Two days after Christmas, Asa, Marley and I left Nacogdoches and spent 4 days in San Antonio. We stayed in an awesome hotel, ate fabulous food, and mainly just got to relax together. We did a few sight-seeing things, but I will post a blog later with pictures and details.

We left San Antonio and drove back to Nacogdoches for a few days to spend New Year's Eve and Day with our friends and family. We even had everyone over for lunch the day before we left so that we could say goodbye to everyone. We will get to come back on the 22nd of January for a week, and then that is probably the last time anyone in Nacogdoches will see Asa before he deploys.

We got back to Missouri on Sunday, and Marley and I have barely left the house since! We needed some time to do nothing, and we have gotten it! Asa had Monday off, so we went grocery shopping and ran a few errands. We also rearranged the living room, which I am so excited about! I love rearranging rooms, I used to do it all the time in high school. And now every time I walk in the living room I can't help but smile! It is so much bigger the way we have it and so much more welcoming.

Asa will be out in the field for two days starting tomorrow, and he has been super busy at work the past two days. They are actually packing some things up for the deployment, which is a big wake-up call. There are still so many things we want to do that I wonder if we can do it all before he leaves. The next two months before he leaves will be hectic and stressful and sad. But at the same time we will be working to make it fun and memorable and happy.

It will take me a few days to get all of our pictures up, but I promise I will! There may be more than you want to look at though!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...