Sunday, December 12, 2010

Our Friday Night

Asa's company had a ball on Friday night. I really wanted to go. I guess I wanted to go because it's something I've never done before, and my friends were going, and it would be an excuse to get all dressed up. But there was no child care. And no one to babysit. So, we couldn't go.

Asa knew I was sad about it, so he planned us our own night out. We got dressed up (I even broke out my make-up!) and we headed to a nice steakhouse in Rolla. After our fancy dinner, we headed to a drive-through light show put on by the Lion's Club. Marley sat in my lap, watching the lights, and squealing about the things she recognized. There were so many beautiful displays!Marley is loving Christmas this year! She watches for Christmas lights every time we get in the car and she talks about Santa Clause all day long. We saw that there was a real-life Santa at the end of the light display, so I asked her if she was going to tell him hello. She said over and over again that she would. But when we got to Santa, she just stared at him! He said hello to her and handed her a little red car (which she has not forgotten about since) and she didn't say a word. She must have been in awe! I was telling Asa that I am worried about what will happen when Christmas is over because I'm afraid she will be so sad! I guess we will need to get her excited about the next holiday, Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...