Friday, November 12, 2010

Exploring the Lanana Creek Trail

Marley and I were in need of an adventure today. We have spent a little too much time the past two weeks just hanging out at my mom's house. So, Emily V. had the brilliant idea for us to walk along the Lanana Creek Trail. I remember walking on the trail with my family the first year we lived in Nacogdoches, and I have been doing it ever since. So, I was excited to take Marley on a little walk and see what we could find.
She was excited too! We couldn't really go close enough to the creek to see anything in it, but Marley was content to examine acorns. She loves doing that! She does it every time we go in the back yard at my mom's house. She matches up all of the acorns with "hats" and then sticks the ones that aren't broken in her pockets. And when we see a squirrel, she yells to it, "ACOOOORRNN!"
We also found a lonely flower, just the right size for Marley to carry around. She was very proud of her collection!
We also found a bridge along the path. Marley was sure to tell me that Dora and Boots go on bridges! So, we walked over it just like Dora does.
Then, we examined leaves. We saw brown leaves, yellow leaves, and red leaves. But Marley's favorite were the leaves that were still green. So, she brought home and bundle of green leaves and a piece of bamboo to show Papa.
We had a great time and it was so good to get out of the house. My little girl loves nature and adores exploring everything. So, we will definitely have to go back! Next time I might take a different route so that we can get a little closer to the creek see something different.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...