Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Camping, Weekend One

I have mentioned before that I LOVE fall! And when Asa and I were dating and didn't have a little Marley with us, we tried to go camping every month. It's something that both of us grew up doing, and we always talk about how we want camping to be one of our family traditions with our kids. It's hard to go camping with a baby, but now that Marley is a little older we can actually get excited about going camping! She loves being outside and collecting acorns and leaves. So, camping means that she gets to outside the whole day, doing what she loves!

It was a very cold weekend to be camping in a tent, so we had to layer up at night and in the early mornings. Marley loved being able to sit by the fire with us, holding her own mug full of oatmeal.During the day, it got up to 80 degrees! So, we stripped off some of our layers, and relaxed by the water. I can't even put into words how good it felt. The weather was great, and lounging by the lake with my family was perfect.
When nap time came, we all snuggled on a blanket by the water. It was adorable to watch Asa and Marley nap together in the grass.
Before dinner, we went for a little one mile hike.
During our walk, Marley stopped several times and sat like this in the ground. When I asked her what she was doing, she said she was fishing!
That night, Marley kept herself busy by "cooking" potatoes for us. She would stir them around in a pan, pretend to put seasoning on them, and then bring them around for all of us to try. I think I tried those potatoes about 10 times!
We had a lot of fun camping. It was really cold at night, but Marley is pretty much like a heat rock when she sleeps. So, all I had to do to get warm was cuddle up to her. I really do hope that camping is something our kids love, and we can make tons of memories like the ones Asa and I have from camping with our parents.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...