Sunday, September 5, 2010

Family Time

We have a new evening activity to do as a family! It feels so good to be back on my bicycle, something that I haven't done since I got pregnant with Marley! We bought a bike trailer for Marley to ride in a few months ago, but this was our first time to ride all together. And we all had a blast! It felt so great to be riding fast down the troop trail and listening to Marley laugh along the way.
Asa came home the other day and told me that he is leaving for JRTC in Louisiana on October 23rd. Not only is that 10 days sooner than we thought, but it also means we will not be together for our first wedding anniversary. Or our second next year. I guess that's just something you get used to as an Army wife.

So, we when I sat down and started looking at what the next 5 months will be like, I was overwhelmed. We are together until October 23rd. From October 23rd until November 22nd, Asa will be in Louisiana and I will be in Nacogdoches. Then we have a few weeks together until December 19th when we travel home for Christmas and Asa's block leave. And then we have January together, and he deploys sometime after that.

It really hurts to think about it. It's really starting to hit me hard. What will it be like? How do I even comprehend how long that year will feel? How will Marley handle it? What will she think about him when he gets back? How often will we get to talk to him? What will it be like when we see each other again? What will I do when I just fall apart one day? How do I put myself back together?

I know I can't spend the time that he is here with us stressing about him leaving, otherwise our time together would be wasted. So, we have to stay as happy and as strong as we can. We have to enjoy every day that we do have together and make memories that mean the world to us. We have to spend our evenings going on bike rides, taking Marley to the park, going geocaching, and grilling in the backyard. Whatever we can do to spend time together and soak it all in. It will go by so much quicker than we want it to.

So, for the next 5 months, it's all about family time.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Your post makes me happy for you that you guys do spend so much time together, your right all you can do is soak in the good times right now! I am so very proud of both of you for so many reasons! I know that it is getting crazy right now but you have the right idea to soak it all in for now! If there is ever anything that you need please call me! I will see you guys again in a couple of weeks! Love you all give marley a huge for me!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...