Sunday, August 8, 2010

August 7th, 2010. 9:03 PM

Mimi, Papa, Grandma Karen, Grandpa David, and Leelee joined the three of us around the kitchen table and sang Happy Birthday a few more times. And in my lap, Marley officially turned two years old.

Exactly two years before, I had been giving birth to this beautiful baby. And here we were, two years later with this beautiful toddler. It baffles me how much has changed in the past two years. We've moved houses, moved states, gotten new jobs, made friends, gotten married, and grown significantly. It's crazy to think about how much has changed for us and that we have continued to be such a strong threesome.

Two years ago, Asa and I were wondering what to do with our lives. And then at 9:03 PM on August 7th, we became a family. I am so thankful to Marley for changing our lives forever. The past two years have been amazing and unforgetable and rewarding in every way.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...