Saturday, August 7, 2010

24 Months. 2 Years.

My baby is 2 years old today.OMG.

It's so hard to believe that I am lucky enough to be the Mommy to such a wonderful, sweet, happy girl. More and more I am realizing the little lady she is turning into.

She has the cutest little habits. She lines up everything and wants all her belongings organized just the right way. She might have a mild two-year-old case of OCD! Her Daddy taught her how to kill bugs, so she is the new protector of the house. She chases down the ants with a shoe in her hand, slamming it on the bug repeatedly until I ask her to slow down! She loves drinking tea with her Mimi and watching baseball with her Papa. And, oh the lipstick! If there is a tube of chapstick within ten feet she will be asking to put it on!

It makes me so sad to think about how old she is now, but at the same time I am so happy and excited for what will be coming. People have been telling me for months that she looks so much older than she is, but now I feel like it's the truth. Two seems totally different from one, and she seems to look like a two year old now. She grew up over night. When she woke up this morning, I asked her, "Do you know how old you are today?!" And she immediately said "TWO!" and held her fingers up. She didn't miss a beat and she was ready to be able to say she was two. She ran in to see her Papa cheering "TWO!" and woke up Mimi saying "TWO TWO TWO!"

She is saying so many more words, but she doesn't always want to repeat what I ask her to. If she signs something, I will ask her to say it with her mouth. So, she signs it again with her mouth wide open! She has also switched from "Dada" and "Mama" to "Daddy" and "Mommy". That also makes her seem like such a big girl. But even if she doesn't want to say the words for what she wants, she definitely knows how to get her point across. She finds a way to tell you whatever it is!

She is sleeping about the same as she was a few weeks ago, and she is nursing less and less. Some days I feel very ready to be done with nursing, and luckily she is adjusting well to it. We still have a ways to go, but we're getting there and I feel very lucky that I have been able to continue for so long.
Hopefully her "terrible twos" will be short lived and painless! I can see little hints of her attitude and stubborn tendancies shining through, but it is never too much to handle. And I definitely don't think she will ever be as difficult as some kids are. My mom says that two is one of her favorite ages. Two year olds start talking so much more, saying funny things, and learning so much every day. So, I am more excited than scared for the next year. Two will be tons of fun! Two will also be a stressful year for Marley, with Asa leaving for deployment and moving again and getting used to many changes. But she is such a strong girl, with a sweet heart and so many people who love her. I know she will be happy.

Happy Two Years, Sweetheart! You mean the world to us and you put a smile on our faces every day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...