Thursday, July 22, 2010

Doctor Visit

On Tuesday I took Marley to her first doctor's appointment in a looooong time. She is behind on her vaccinations, so I knew I needed to make her an appointment as soon as I could get it together. We had not been to the doctor in Missouri yet, and it took me a long time to figure out where to go, fill out the right forms, call the right people, and also get out records transferred from my old doctor in Nacogdoches. But I finally got it all together and we went to the doctor on Tuesday.

As I said, Marley has never been to the doctor in Missouri, but she evidently knew where we were and what it meant and the second we walked into the examination room she screamed. I'm sure people were outside wondering what was going on. She cried while she got weighed, measured, and even while I was just holding her in the seat trying to talk to the nurse. She weighs about 26 pounds and is 36 inches tall! That puts her in the 50th percentile for weight and above the 97th percentile for height! Everyone kept telling me she was tall!

The doctor finally came in and explained that my doctor in Nacogdoches had still not sent her records, so there would be no shots. I somehow lost my copy of her shot record, so my old doctor is the only person who knows what she has gotten for sure. But the doctor was nice about it and as soon as they get the records they will call me to come back. It turns out that they pretty much just write me a prescription for the shots she needs and then we go to an immunization clinic on post and get them done whenever we want. So, at least I will be able to do that with Asa and not have to deal with Marley screaming through it by myself again.

The doctor said that Marley looked great! She needs to eat more vegetables, but everything else was right on target. Marley has been eating so much more now that she doesn't nurse at night. I feel like she is eating all day long. As soon as she finishes something, she wants something else. That makes me so happy and proud, but she still won't eat any vegetables! I'll keep trying though. She takes a nap for about and hour and a half in the afternoon, and then sleeps completely through the night most of the time. I'm so proud of her for that. She is much more happy when she wakes up the morning, and so am I!

So, my baby is almost two and will hopefully grow up to be a tall and slender supermodel. Well, I don't want her to actually be a model... just lucky enough to be tall and thin like her Daddy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...