Sunday, April 18, 2010

To St. Louis and The Magic House!

Asa sent me a text message on his way home work on Friday and told me to pack everything we needed for a night, because we were going to St. Louis! We had planned to go to the Springfield zoo on Saturday, but both agreed that the St. Louis one would probably be better and more worth a weekend trip. so, I packed us up and we got on the road to St. Louis!

I had been wanting to try letting Marley watch a movie on my portable DVD player to see if it would occupy her. If I am going to be making any trips home by myself, I will need to either drive at night or find some other way to keep her happy in the car for 10 hours. So, we set up my DVD player, but realized that the only movie we could find was Planet Earth! When I was pregnant, Planet Earth came out on DVD and Asa and I talked about how that is what our kids will watch instead of those super annoying cartoons. So, we popped it in and she just sat there watching it for most of the ride! We didn't have the right equipment to connect it to the back of the front seat, not we tried to make it work with bungee straps. It would stay put for a while, but we had to fix it a few times. But other than that it was great!

On our way, I looked up information about other things we could do in St. Louis and found out they have a children's museum called The Magic House. And every third Friday of the month, from 5-9 pm is free! Perfect! So, that was our first stop when we got into St. Louis!I have been wanting to take Marley to a children's museum like this for a while, but we just never had anything near us. But this place lived up to my expectations about children's museums! It was fantastic! They had a section of a few rooms just for toddlers, so that was where we spent a lot of our time.
They even had an entire playground with slides and everything weaving through the place!
The hardest part about it was that there were so many people there. We did choose the free night to come, so that was probably why. And she had so many things to choose form that she couldn't decide what to do! As soon as she caught onto something, she would spot the next toy and run over to it!This was awesome! Marley and Asa were standing over to my left dancing, and the red light you can see at the bottom is putting their image up on the screen. Marley had so much fun dancing with Asa and watching herself on the screen!
The also had a little town that Marley loved. They had a grocery store, pizzeria, library, bank, electric company, mechanic shop, fishing pond, and a house that the kids could play around in.
She had so much fun and left in a great mood! I wish we had something like this close enough that I could take her all the time, because I totally would! She loved being around other kids, and she got to be somewhat independent with most of the toys. It was amazing!
We ate dinner at a nearby restaurant and then drove across town to where the zoo is to find a hotel there. They were all full, so we ended up staying at hotel right across the street from where we ate. After and hour and a half of trying to find a hotel, we were a little crabby. So, we got a milkshake from Chili's and crashed in bed so we could get to the zoo early!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...