Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Finally!

I obviously have a lot of blogs to finish up, but I wanted to put this one up first. For some reason. So, this will be out of order for everyone!

We are back in Missouri as of Saturday, and we have all of our stuff! That means I have a car! I was very sad to leave Nacogdoches, but at the same time I felt like I hadn't given Missouri a real chance. I was here for two weeks, but it wasn't very fun since I didn't have any of my stuff and Marley and I were sitting at home all day. But now that we are back, it is starting to feel normal. Luckily, in the week that we were in Nacogdoches, spring arrived in Missouri! The dogwoods and redbuds are blooming, the grass is green and full, and the birds are chirping. I cannot tell you what a welcoming sight that was. The cold and rainy weather is gone, and the sun is warming everything up.

I got to spend our first day back running errands and playing outside with Marley. I did have tons of things to unpack and organize, but I wanted a day off. So, Marley and I had a blast! I went grocery shopping like a normal person and played with Marley as much as I wanted to! I did have a paper to write and I did put together her new bookshelf during her nap time, but the rest of the afternoon was spent doing this:
She filled the boats up with water, and then poured them all over herself. She probably got a little cold, but she was having fun, so I let her keep going!

On Sunday, my mom and Marley went to the store and bought a bird feeder and some bird food. Marley loves looking at birds now, so we needed to attract some to our yard! In this picture, she is waving at our first bird visitor. It had probably checked out the bird feeder earlier in the day, but wasn't going near it with us there. Marley watched it walk all around the yard and then yelled "uh oh!" when it flew away!
After Asa came home from work, we went driving and found an adorable little park in Waynesville. They have a playground for Marley, a water park for this summer, a walking trail for me, and a river to fish in for Asa! Could there be a better park?! And it was easy to get to and so green!Marley had her first lesson in blowing on a dandelion! I wish I had a video of it, because it was so adorable. She loves spitting and blowing on things, and couldn't figure out which one to do!
I know I say this all the time, but she really does amaze me every single day! the things she picks up, remembers, and figures out are shocking to me! She watches me do something once and then does it for herself. I told her Asa was getting his hair cut once, and then an hour later when I said "Where's Daddy?" she did her sign for hair cut. She will actually say words now if we ask her to, and most of the time she spits them out of her mouth like she has been saying it for weeks! She's also hilarious now! She cracks me up all the time! I need to start taking more videos of her, so you all can see how funny she is!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...