Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Orders!!!

We have orders! Asa was able to access his AKO account and see his orders (for now at least). So, we are going to.... dun dun dun...

Fort Leonard Wood, Missouri!

When we were there a week and a half ago, I remember saying that I hoped we didn't get stationed there. It was sad and gloomy and gray. So, it took me a little while to get used to the idea, but now I am really excited! Asa was excited right away, because at least it wasn't Germany or somewhere else impossibly far away. I think it will really be a great place for us. It is close enough that our families won't have a miserable time coming to visit us. And it won't be hard for us to come home for a long weekend. It's a 10 hour drive, so it can be done. And I have been reading up and everyone says that it is a great place to live in the warmer months. There are lakes and rivers all around, and plenty of other outdoor things to do. There are only really small towns near the base, but we will be able to drive about 90 miles to Springfield or 100 to St. Louis and go shopping for anything we want.

So, now the main concern in my head is if we should live on or off post. We originally wanted to live off post so that we could have a yard for Kima. But now I am thinking I want to live on post. Supposedly they have a ton of extra housing at FLW and they pretty much just hand you a key once you graduate if you are staying there. I think it will be easier for me to make friends and for Marley to have play dates if we live close to other families. And from what I have read, it ends up not being any cheaper to do it one way or the other, it's about the same. So, hopefully that is something we can discuss when Asa calls on Sunday.

The only thing that make me hesitant about getting excited about going is that the paper he printed didn't have a date for when he needs to report for duty. So, that makes me wonder if his orders are going to change at all. Until he gets to orders from the Drill Sargent, this is pretty much just a temporary plan. But I will be happy with it if it is where we end up. I am just happy to not be really far away from our families, but yet we still get to see someplace new!

I can't believe we only have four weeks until we go to Asa's graduation! I am getting really excited and hopefully the next 4 weeks will go by quickly! I will probably have a lot going on, a big To Do List. And in 2 weeks, Asa is supposedly getting his phone back for good, so he can call us at night! So, of course I will keep everyone updated on if we find out that this is for real or there is something else in the cards for us!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...