Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Getting into talking

Ever since we started signing with her, people have been asking why she isn't talking yet. I was never worried, I have always felt 100% good about our decision to sign with her. I have heard that signing babies might take a little longer to start talking since they can tell the adults exactly what they want with signs. But, signing babies usually have a much bigger vocabulary once they do start talking because they already recognize the words.

Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised on Thursday when, all of the sudden, she wants to talk! She has started saying Mama, Dada, and Papa on a regular basis. She also says something that sounds a lot like "there it is" and "thank you". I am trying to get her to say Mimi, but her version comes out as "ee" or "bee"... so we still need to work on that one. But I'm so excited about what she can do! Her little voice is so sweet, and I especially love hearing her ask for me. She talks about Asa way more though. She misses him. Every time we see something camo, "Dada!" Every time we pass by the refrigerator with his picture on it, "Dada!" And every time we see her new Daddy Doll, "Dada!"

I am still going to teach her new signs, mainly because there isn't any reason not to. They make her smarter! Her new favorites are: please, fish, up, airplane, deer, lion, and tiger.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...