Friday, December 25, 2009

Christmas Day

Marley's second Christmas was fantastic!One of her favorite things that Santa brought- personalized M&Ms! Marley's face was even printed on some of them! When she first came out and saw them, she just walked them back and forth to whoever she thought would open them!
She had a great time opening her stocking, and was trying to be a part of helping everyone! She would pull a few of her own things out and then run over to someone else to see if she could do theirs.
And she got an early start on the candy!
We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, which of course Marley loved!
She really had so much fun opening her presents. Last year she couldn't really do much, but this year she really got the hang of it and we all out! She loved all of her toys, and it was so funny to watch her try to decide what she wanted to play with first!
One of her favorite things was her wagon that Santa brought her. She was pretty preoccupied with the other toys, but once she noticed the wagon, that was all she wanted to do! So, got her all dressed (in her new coat!) and each took turns pulling her around the yard in the wagon! She loved it and laughed so hard, probably also at the fact that my pants were falling down the whole time I ran around the yard!
My big gift from Asa was this huge wind chime! I love the sound it makes, and it definitely catches your eye. But the best part about it was how happy Asa was so give it to me. He was so excited for me to open it and so proud once he saw how much I loved it!

Next, we went to Bill and Mary's house for Christmas there!
My mom bought Marley this Christmas dress, but the only size they had was 2T. So, it was huge on her, but she will probably be able to wear it next year too! We opened more presents, and got many more things that Marley loves! She is going to be great in the toy department for a long time!
I have been nervous about the present opening situation in the past. I always felt a little nervous, because we open the presents one at a time. But this year seemed different. We had more kids involved and everyone just seemed to be genuinely happy. Even when it was my turn, I didn't feel out of place or nervous. I loved the feeling of us all sitting in a circle and laughing together, while the kids placed with toys on the floor.
After a fantastic lunch, the three youngest boys took a Christmas nap! It was so cute! I really don't remember when Marley napped... she had to have taken a nap at some point, but I have no idea where she fit it in!

After Christmas was over at Bill and Mary's, we headed back to our house for dinner. We had our new tradition: prime rib roast, which was fabulous! After dinner, Emily and Marley danced to Beyonce in Marley's new Bee onesie! And once Marley went to sleep, Asa and I got to enjoy one of our favorite gifts! My mom and Joel got us a hot cocoa kit, with mugs and a blanket to take by the fire and spend some time together! I loved that gift, and loved the hot cocoa!
I am always sad when Christmas is over, but I was extra sad this Christmas. It was always looming over my head that Asa might not be with us next Christmas and we could be celebrating without him. If he is gone, I am so glad we had such a great Christmas this year. Christmas is fantastic to watch through a child's eyes, and even though Marley doesn't understand yet, I could tell that she thought it was awesome! We are so lucky to have amazing families that love us!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...