Saturday, August 15, 2009

Geocaching

Today was a lazy, but busy day. I know that doesn't sound possible, but it is. We spent the day hanging around the house. I got to sleep until 10 while Asa hung out with Marley. We rearranged our room and I love it so much more. Actually, I love the house so much more for some reason. We finally got to hang things on the wall and I have a place to put on make up and jewelry. I just really like it for some reason. I actually want to be in there!

This evening, my mom and Joel brought Emily back from camp! We missed her, but I don't really think she missed us too much. She was way more excited to see her friends. Then, my mom got us dinner from The BBQ House and brought it over to our house to eat with us! I can't even tell you how nice it was to have her over to our house for dinner. Granted, I didn't cook dinner or anything, but it was good to feel like she could come over. Marley was exhausted from not napping all afternoon, so I let her take a late nap.

And it's a good thing, because we had a fun night! We went geocaching! What's geocaching you say? Well, it is pretty much a scavenger hunt with GPS devices that is held all over the country. All you have to do is go to the website, find the coordinates of the "cache" and then go searching. People hide little containers with random little trinkets in them. When you find it, you trade out the present with something of your own and leave it for the next person!

I really didn't think I would be too crazy about it. But, it really was so much fun! There are hundreds of them in Nacogdoches, and you can even make your own and hide them! We found two tonight, and as I write this Asa is out looking for three more. And tomorrow, we are going to hide one! It really was fun. It's a great family thing to do together!Here we are searching the GPS for where to go. It was like 9 at night, but the cache was within walking distance, so we put MJ in the stroller and walked to it.
Marley was having fun until the very end. It was really hard to find our first one, so she got a little cranky and we walked away empty handed. When we got home, we looked it up on the internet again and decided to go look one more time. This time we took the car, and found it within a minute. It was a very clever hiding place and I can't believe how much effort people put into making these!We were really excited about finding this one, so we went to another one nearby. This one was less exciting, but still fun. I see how people get addicted, though. It may not sound like a whole lot of fun, but it really was.

Asa just got back and informed me that he found two more, one of which had a Travel Bug. This is a little tag that is trying to travel from one place to another. So, this one was put out in 2007 and came from Connecticut! So, people just put it in the next cache they go to and send it on it's way! I can't wait to make our's tomorrow!

We have a Mody wrap that can go on my back, so that will make this a lot easier next time. No messing with the stroller!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...