Saturday, February 7, 2009

6 Months

Here are some of the recent pictures I have. This last one is hilarious to me! Marley has so many facial expressions, and she loves to share them! She is feeling a lot better, but still not eating a lot. Today, I pumped as much as I could to get my supply back up and it is slowly working. She will nurse for a little while now, which is more than yesterday. Hopefully everything will turn out okay. Something good: Marley has officially gotten over being swaddles to sleep. This makes me excited for two reasons. 1. She can wear all of the cute pajamas now! 2. She sleeps longer on her stomach and now she can sleep that way!
Today, Marley is six months old. Six short months ago we had just parted ways for the first time, Marley to the nursery and me to recovery. It is amazing to me that so much time has passed by already. So, many exciting things have happened, and so many more are coming. She didn't try any new food today, I am waiting to introduce her first solid food until we go to the doctor on Monday. I am kind of feeling a little sad that I will not be her only source of food anymore. I know that she will still be nursing all the time, it just feels good to be the one she counts on so much. Anyone can give her rice cereal. I don't want her to like that better and not want me anymore... Does that happen? Is it weird that I feel like something special is going away? Anyway, I was getting really emotional earlier and I filmed Marley a little 4 minute video telling her how much I love her.

We had our little party tonight at my mom's. We got a few presents, just for the heck of it. I decided to get bath toys. Pretty soon she will be able to take baths in the bathtub and will need stuff to play with! So, we got her three rubber duckies (one in a cow-duck, one is a pirate-duck, and one is a surfer-duck), some letters and numbers that stick on the wall of the tub, and some sea animals. We also stopped at Old Navy and bought her first swim suit and two sun dresses. And a cute little hat. She is going to be so cute! I have decided that I really want Marley to wear lots of dresses. They have so many cite things out there for little girls! I had to feed Marley in the Old Navy dressing room. That was kind of exciting, since I had never done that before.
I am such a lucky girl. I have a wonderful family, and beautiful daughter, and a loving fiance. I hope everyone knows how much I love them!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...