Wednesday, January 21, 2009

First Day of School

I absolutely love our new bed! It is comfortable and huge and wonderful. We now have bed parties. We all pile in, play around, and take pictures. I can actually sleep in bed with Marley next to me and not be anywhere near falling off the bed! It's fabulous. So, Marley doesn't even start out in her cradle anymore, she just goes straight to the bed with us.

I had my first day of class today and Marley went to stay at my mom's for the hour I was in class. I think it was the earliest I have ever had to get Marley out of the house: 7:30 am. So, I woke up at 6:30, took a shower and got dressed. Then I woke Asa and Marley up and had him get her ready. She hates her medicines in the morning. First, she has to take the nasty vitamin that smells like death because of all the Iron in it. Then, she has to take the thrush* (more on that later) medicine and she gags through the whole thing. I have no idea how much medicine actually gets down her throat, but I doubt it's very much. Anyway, so I am rushing around running late and trying to figure out where the heck my class is going to be. So, I walk outside to the parking lot and my car is nowhere to be found. I panicked. Asa has a terrible habit of leaving the keys in the car, so I was having a terrible vision of my car being gone forever. I called Asa and he was like "I am soooo sorry... (I am thinking, Damn it! He did!) I parked it on the other side of the building" So, no big deal, but it did give me a minor heart attack. So, I walk around the building and find my car sitting there with all the windows down and the sun roof open. Yipee. This is a constant battle with Asa. He doesn't get it. So, I have sit there and wait for 10 minutes before I can see through the windows to drive. It is so hard to sit there and watch ice melt when you are already 10 minutes late.

Well, I got there on time. And I managed to not think about Marley and what she was doing the whole time. I mentioned that I had a daughter as my "interesting fact" about myself. I actually heard a few snickers! I was like, what the hell is so funny about me having a daughter?! Well, I didn't say that out loud, but I thought it and shot mean looks at everyone in the room.

*Ok, thrush. Marley and I both have thrush after almost 6 months of breastfeeding! It is getting better since we got medicine, but it was miserable for a few days! On Monday, I called the OBGYN to ask if I was supposed to get medicine and the nurse said that I had to call my regular doctor. "Ok, but you can't even just tell me if I need something?" "No, you will have to call someone else" So, I call my regular doctor and spend 5 minutes explaining the whole situation to the woman. The whole time she is going "Uh huh. Yea. Ok." like she is totally not listening to what I am saying. When the nurse calls back, she says, "You will have to make an appointment and come in because it not very common for adults to get thrush in their mouths..." I kind of yelled at her about the fact that it was in my daughter's mouth and on my nipples because she had been so rude to me at the beginning. So, anyway. we both meds and it's slowly getting better. I still don't know where we got it though.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...