Thursday, December 11, 2008

Random News

Asa got a job! I can't even explain how happy I am. It is a part time job as a maintenance guy. He will be the only one, so he is THE guy! He will work everyday from 12 to 5... so he will still be able to spend time with Marley! He will also literally be right around the corner. The ad was in the paper, so I thought he would have a pretty slim chance. But when he went in, the lady said that he was the only person who had passed the background check! So, yay for that.

Marley's new favorite thing to do is blow raspberries. She does the tongue-out version as well as the tongue-in version. Spit blows out of her mouth with either option. I got a cute video of it, but we cannot figure out how to put videos on the computer yet. It is quite entertaining though. Make me want to do it back to her. Minus all the spit.

Yesterday, I was feeding Marley on the couch and there was a jacket with a flower pattern sitting next to us on the couch. She stopped eating and started blabbing away. She literally talked to my jacket for 10 minutes while I just sat there and laughed at her. She had her hand in her mouth most of the time, just talking away. It was hilarious. I moved the jacket eventually so that she would go back to eating. But she cried until I put it back. Evidently, she had not finished her story.

Tonight, we went with my mom, Joel, and Emily to the SFA Christmas Reception. Mom got to show off Marley and we got eat some good food. Marley was a perfect angel until the very end when she was ready to go home. There were some smart people there that brought their babies in carriers. I did not. I was dumb.

Speaking of carriers, I used my Moby twice today and it was so nice! I love it. We also got our Christmas cards today! They look pretty good. I wish I has gotten the glossy paper that actually looks like a photo, but I didn't. Now, I have to actually send them out. That's the hard part.

I can't wait for school to over for my mom so that I can go Christmas shopping with my mom! Marley loves shopping!

My child really needs some warm clothes. I ordered her a hat from Old Navy, but it is too big. How do you move a baby around in this freezing weather? Right now we just keep her in the car seat and pile blankets on her while we walk in to the store or whatever. But it's so heavy! If I put her in a jacket, hat, gloves, etc. then we get in the car and she gets too hot. So, she totally needs a hat that fits her and keeps her ears warm, but I have no idea what else to do besides piling blankets on her like we have been.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...