Monday, November 17, 2008

Poop

I called tho doctor this morning and made an appointment for Marley and her poop situation. We went in at 11 and waited in a room full of sick kids. Not only were they sick, but they were all walking around, playing with toys, and coughing and sneezing all over everything. I vowed that when Marley is old enough to do that, we will bring our own coloring book to look at. No wonder everyone is sick! And then all the little soccer moms were all laughing about it together and talking about how cute it was when one sneezed on another. Common sense, people!

So, anyway, they weighed Marley (the part of the appointment that I was actually excited about) and she is 13 pounds, 3 ounces! My little girl is growing! Then the doctor came in and told me I need to give her a suppository this evening. She made a comment that we "can't keep doing this" which I didn't understand since we had never done it before. I asked if there were any other options. She said that I could give her 2 ounces of apple juice and 1 ounce of water tonight and see if that helps. If I doesn't, I am supposed to give her a suppository tomorrow night. I am going to ignore that part for a few days and keep trying the juice. I would much rather do this naturally... Breastfed babies are supposed to "un-constipatable", so I don't really think that's the problem. I really feel like she doesn't need to do it yet.

One day Marley will probably be upset that I am sharing her poop schedules with everyone. But, hey, this is what moms have to worry about, right?

Asa and I were talking last night about how we are going to handle next August when I have to start actually going to school on campus and he will be working. We are still holding out that Oncor will call him (sometime in November)... I was thinking about how much money he would be making and it would be about twice as much as we collectively get right now. Or he could be a stay at home dad while I am at work and then he can take a part time job a few evenings a week.
We'll see...
Marley has been batting at things all day. It is so cool how she figures something out one time and then she can just do it for hours. I love babies!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...