Wednesday, October 22, 2008

11 weeks

Grandma Karen and Grandpa David came up this past weekend and hung out with Marley. They also brought Palina and Sophia with them. It was great to meet them. Sophia is a little over a year, so it was really fun to see how Marley would be in a year. Sophia was running around chasing Pompie, talking in her own little language, and pointing at everything. It got me really excited about the future. This weekend Mimi is coming to see Marley, too!

My sling finally came in yesterday, but I can't decide if it is still too small. I must be much bigger than I think I am... But Marley liked it for a little while. I hope it works out, because I really want to use it.

Scare on the Square is this weekend. That's a little festival type thing downtown for Halloween. We decided not to get Marley a costume since we can't find anything cute. I don't really want her to be a pink dog or a cow and those are the only choices around her. I might look into costumes I can make, but for now she will just wear a onesie with a picture of a pumpkin on it and some black pants. She will be cute in anything he wears, though.

Marley still hasn't reached for anything yet. Her hands find their way to her face more often and she can sucks on them. Supposedly that helps her realize they are her's. She also has not laughed yet. She makes a funny noise that sounds like a laugh without any vocal noise. So, maybe that's it and I have been waiting for nothing. But, I will still hold out for the real thing. She has also been crying a lot less and kind of adopted a schedule. Here is a sample of my day:

7:00 am - I wake up and take a shower and get ready for work
8:00 am - I wake up Marley and nurse her and talk to her until I have to go to work.
8:30 am - go to work
9:00 am - Marley gets a little fussy so I give her a pacifier and rock her to sleep at work.
11:00 am - Marley wakes up and wants to eat, so I nurse her. The we talk and play for a little while.
12:00 pm - Marley gets a little fussy again so she takes a nap.
2:00 pm - Marley wakes up and I feed her. She will usually stay up for more than an hour this time. I put her in the front carrier facing out, so that she can see everything.
4:00 pm - She goes back to sleep.
5:00 pm We go home. She usually wakes up in the transition. Then we nurse, talk, go on a walk in the stroller, take Kima to the dog park, or play on the activity mat.
6:30 pm - Marley goes back to sleep
7:30 pm - Marley wakes up and starts being fussy. She doesn't cry, she just acts whiny. I nurse her, swaddle her and hold her while she drifts in and out of sleep until about 9.
9:00 pm - We give Marley a bath and start trying to put her to bed. This involved nursing, rocking, and singing. She usually drifts off for good around 10.
3:00 am - She wakes up to nurse and then goes right back to sleep.

It is a pretty easy schedule. It gets a little off if we have to go somewhere in the evenings, but it's never too much to handle.

We go to Asa's dad's house every Sunday for lunch, but this week we went to the Arboretum for lunch. We walked through the trail and looked at all the plants. Marley slept through most of it, but at least she was there. Sunday morning we took some pictures while Kima was in the dog park and this is what we got. I was sticking my tongue out at her and does it back! If I stop, she will keep doing until I start again. She is so cute!!

The new sling!

1 comment:

Abigail... said...

I just loooove the pictures!!! She seriously gets cuter and cuter ( if that's even possible) - thanks for the updates I love reading them :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...