Friday, July 11, 2008

No Worries

The doctors are relaxing on me! I went in this morning to have my blood sugar checked and everything was normal. So, I don't have to come back next week... for the first time in a month and a half! I feel relieved not to have to worry about it for a while. I have also lost two pounds, so that means that the extra weight I have gained was probably just "water weight". So, yay!

Sleeping has just been miserable. I dread going to bed because of how uncomfortable I am when I get there. I have to wake up every time I need to move, my hips and shoulders always hurt, and I don't have room for all the pillows I need to make it comfortable. So, I am planning on kicking Asa out of the bed pretty soon...

We had our second Childbirth class last night and I really enjoyed it. Last time we talked about breathing and how important it is. My instinct when I am hurting is to hold my breath, so I really have to concentrate on not doing that. We also talked about stretches and exercises that will help us later on. Last night we watched a slide show of pictures of a birth and talked about the different parts and stages of it. The instructor keeps talking about how different things are from how they used to be years ago. A woman in labor used to be forced to lie flat on her back for the delivery, making it really long and difficult. Now that women can move around and try different positions for labor and delivery, gravity is helping it move along quicker. This really makes me wonder what I want to do. I don't think that I will be able to do it all without an epidural, but I don't want to be confined to my bed the whole time. And I want to be able to help it happen rather than just lying there. So, I am going to look into other pain relief options. I don't want anything that will hurt the baby, so that will definitely be the most important factor that I consider.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...