Wednesday, October 3, 2012

day 24: bookworm and chalk


The library is one of Marley's favorite places to go, and I adore that about her.  Sometimes I ask her if she would rather go to the library or the playground, and she always chooses the library.  If I let her get every single book she chose, I literally wouldn't be able to carry them out of the library.  She is interested in everything.  She wants to learn everything about everything.

Unfortunately, I can only handle going once a week because little Vivi, little sweet adorable Vivi, is a complete monster in the library.  She is pulling the books off the shelves, running into the computer area screaming, and crying any time I try to control her.  As Marley says, "It's hard having a little sister."


We played outside with chalk today and Vivi loved it.  She watched Marley lie down on the ground and me trace around her body.  When Marley got up, Vivi immediately lied down on the ground and stayed perfectly still while Marley traced around her.  It was a rare moment when Vivi wasn't moving.

I love seeing how she is watching us, studying us, and then she tries to copy what we do.  15 months is a fun age in that way.  Their little brains are just soaking up everything they see and filing it away in the right areas.  Her mind is constantly working and I love seeing the proof!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...