Monday, October 1, 2012

day 22: daddy comes home



Today, Daddy came home from training.  He has been gone for two weeks and we missed him something fierce.  I was honestly a little worried about Vivi still having a bond with him when he got back.  But she knew exactly who he was and where he fits into her life.  She loves her da-ee and was delighted to have him home!


Marley put on a front for days that she wasn't excited to see him.  Unfortunately, she equated Daddy coming home with having to leave Texas.  So, every time I mentioned him coming home, she would say, "But I just want to see Mimi and Papa..."  It broke my heart.

So, we all got in the truck and drove up to the company to pick him up.  Even on the way there, she was keeping up this charade and I was just hoping with all my strength that she wouldn't act like that in front of him.  We waited until we saw him walking up to the truck and I said, "Marley, who is that?"

She squealed, "GET ME OUT! I WANT TO HUG HIM!" and threw her hands up and kicked her feet!  Relief.

We have been trying very hard to explain to her that we miss every one in Texas also and we understand how she feels, but that our family of four needs to be together.  She still isn't the same since coming home.  She is happy to be with us, but she misses every one is Texas and I think her messy little heart is having a hard time with it all.  She lives a life where she is always missing someone and that is hard for a little girl.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...