Monday, December 12, 2011

Surviving Deployment: Let's Talk About Love!

Loving each other is a given.  But I think something that has really helped Marley is talking about it.

Marley doesn't actually get to talk to Asa very often.  I usually chat to him on Yahoo Messenger, he calls every few days, and then we have gotten to Skype with him only a handful of times.  So, she doesn't get to hear his voice all the time telling her that he loves her.  So, most days it is my job to tell her all throughout the day and every night how much her Daddy loves her.

I also make a point to talk about how much I love him and he loves me.  I think it is important to remind her how much we love each other.  Parents who are together (and happy) are frequently hugging and kissing each other around their kids.  Since we are not physically together, I still want to present that for Marley as much as I can.  I feel like it is very important for her to know we are in love and happy.

I have to make sure that I also talk about how much Asa loves Vivi.  Vivi has only been with him for two weeks of her life, so I want to make sure Marley remembers that he loves both of his girls!  I don't want it to be a big shock for Marley when he comes home and also wants to spend time with Vivi!

I really feel like these things are making a difference in how Marley thinks about her family.  It may seem obvious and silly to put so much effort into this, but I don't want her to ever doubt our love for each other and I want her to feel as secure as possible in this situation.  She tells me randomly all the time about how much she loves Daddy and loves her family.  I can tell that it has an impact on her and I am thankful that I have reminded her how happy and in love we all are!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...