Friday, December 16, 2011

Marley's Christmas Program!

Today was Marley's school Christmas program.  She has been talking about it for weeks and walking through the house singing the two songs her class was going to sing.  She was so excited and every morning she has been jumping out of bed and asking this was her program day!
She had many supporters!  Mimi, Papa, Grandma, Persaious, Emily V., and Vivi!  And me, of course!
She looked like such a big girl, walking with her class and scanning the crowd for me. 
They sang the first song sitting down, and I couldn't see very well because there was a teacher in the way.  But she sat there very calmly, looking overwhelmed.
And then it was time for "Must be Santa"!  They stood up, had hand motions, and I think they all really had fun!

I really wanted to cry watching her.  I was surrounded by mommies and daddies, adding this to the list of firsts that I am witnessing by myself this year.  I don't want to throw myself a pity party, it was just really hard to know that Asa missed another thing.

I was also insanely proud of her.  A year ago, this little girl would have been crying and running back to me if she was expected to stand on a stage and sing for a crowd.  But she is turning into her own little lady.  She is still shy and cautious, but she is also becoming independent and self-confident.  She amazes me every day.







1 comment:

daddy said...

All the girls looked so cute babe! Marley will just have to sing her songs for me when i get back!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...