Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Random thoughts on my 3 week old!

In some ways, I definitely feel like it has been 3 weeks, but in other ways I can't believe it!

I feel like I missed my chance to get some good newborn pictures taken of her. I researched how to do it myself and looked at tons of other people's pictures, but I never really got around to it. I have a To Do list a mile long, that seems to grow every day, no matter how much I get to cross off that day. So, scheduling a photo shoot around her sleeping, eating, the weather, and the light is really difficult.
For over a week, she has been acting like she is really uncomfortable. She will be totally asleep and then crunch herself up groaning and crying. So, I have cut dairy out of my diet the past few days to see if it helps with her gas problems. She actually seems a little bit better to me already, which is awesome. When I was nursing Marley I had to lower my dairy intake a lot. Hopefully this keeps helping Vivi, but it's very hard to not eat dairy!It's funny how much I compare Marley and Vivienne. In some ways they are very similar, but in other ways they are totally different. For example, Marley literally spit up every time I feed her. It felt like an enormous amount of spit up at the time, but the doctor didn't seem concerned. Vivi has only spit up two times in all three weeks of life! Marley always slept best on her stomach. I did try to avoid letting her sleep on her stomach, but sometimes it was just so much easier to get her to stay asleep that way. And Marley always slept so much longer if someone was holding her. If I wanted her to take a good nap, I had to hold her. Vivi is the opposite. When someone is holding her, she is restless and moving a lot. But during the day, I lay her in the bed and she will sleep for a solid three hours. Vivi is also a lot stronger than I remember Marley being. Vivienne can hold her head up like a 2 month old and even kind of rolled over today. I didn't watch her do it, but I laid her down on her tummy and when I came back she was on her back!She has been staying a wake a little bit more lately. I actually had to look up what you are supposed to do with a newborn when they are awake. I just felt like I had no idea what to do with her! So, today we broke out the play mat we had with Marley and she loved it. She laid there wide-eyed watching all the toys as Marley pointed them out. We have also been enjoying taking family baths with all three of us. Marley loves to help in any way she can, and Vivi is totally relaxed in the warm water.
Marley has been playing the books that Asa recorded for Vivienne sometimes while I feed her. When I was pregnant, Vivi would always kick at night while we were playing those books. So, she recognized his voice now and always listens with her eyes wide open. Today, Asa finally got the videos and pictures from the birth (which I still need to write about, by the way) and he got to see everything happening. I am so happy he got them! He was on the phone through the entire birth, but I'm sure it was even better to be able to watch it! I cannot wait for him to meet her!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...