Monday, April 25, 2011

Two Months Down

I feel very blah today. We had a very busy morning and a very lazy afternoon. My mom and Joel are both gone for the entire week, and Emily is usually at school/work/out with friends. So it is basically just me and Marley this week. In some ways that is kind of fun, but it also leaves me a lot of time to think at night.

Which brings me to the fact that I really miss Asa. We have made it through our second month now, and the second one seemed harder than the first. It's encouraging that we are at two months instead of two weeks, and I have to keep reminding myself of that. But I have had less to do this month, and I can tell it makes a big difference in how quickly the time goes by. I get to talk to him about every other day. Unfortunately he only gets to call when it's early in the morning for him and late at night for me. So, Marley doesn't get to talk to him lately. And that makes me really sad.

Tonight at bed time, I made Marley start in her own bed for the first time in a while. I gave her her Daddy doll and told her that if she got scared, to hold it really tight. She said ok, and then I told her that Daddy is always thinking about her. And she asked, "Is he thinking about me right now?" with a big smile. I told her that he was thinking right now about how much misses her and loves her. She hugged her Daddy doll and said "I really love Daddy." He loves you too baby.

I cannot wait for September to be here. I know he won't be back for good, but it's all I can think about lately. I just want him to be here. Marley know he gets to come visit us in September, and I am trying to make it a point every time we talk about it to remind her that he will only be here to visit us, and then he has to go back to work again. But she is still so excited. She has a very long list of things she wants to do with him. That includes: go to a water park, play frisbee golf, go to the zoo, go fishing, camp out, and eat ice cream! Oh and ride a horse. No idea where that one came from, she just said it one day! But the most important part is that we will to it together!

Hopefully the third month will be easier. We will have a lot of down time, but we will also have a lot to do. We are taking a trip to New York City (Marley's first plane ride!), then we've got Mothers' Day in there. And also we will be getting things ready for my brother's wedding at the beginning of June. My mom will be gone for a big chuck on the month for a field trip, but hopefully warm weather and swimming pools will keep us distracted!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...